Canadian Building Restoration Products Inc., doing business as CBR Products is committed to innovation and leadership. We intend to achieve our goals through honesty, integrity and social responsibility. Our privacy practices reflect this philosophy.
Information about You
We may collect several types of information about you:
Personal Information. Generally speaking, "Personal Information" is information that can be used to identify you individually, such as your name and address. You do not need to divulge any Personal Information on our site to obtain product information or to learn about better ways of building and remodeling. To make a purchase on our site, we require your name, address, e-mail and credit card information for billing and shipping purposes. To make a purchase, you may either open an account with us or make a purchase without opening an account. If you choose to open an account, your name, address and e-mail will remain on file with us and will be available to you when you return to our site. You may also choose to share Personal Information by submitting feedback to us about how we might improve our site.
Non-Personal Information. When you visit our site, the following "Non-Personal Information" is usually recorded: your IP address (your computer's network address); your ISP (Internet Service Provider -- e.g., Earthlink); and your browser (e.g., Internet Explorer 5.0). We do not link Non-Personal Information to any Personal Information you may have provided to us.
Use of Personal and Non-Personal Information. We do not sell or disclose information that identifies our visitors personally or makes it possible for third parties to contact customers directly except for processing credit card transactions and shipping orders. Please read below for more details.
* Transaction Processing. We collect and store your Personal Information to create a convenient and easy-to-use shopping process that includes an online "shopping cart" that allows you to track selected products and proceed through purchase. We share your order, your credit card information and your address with entities as necessary to process credit card payments and ship your order. Because we do not store your credit card information beyond the completion of the transaction, you will need to re-enter this information each time you make a purchase.
* Analysis and Promotions. We may use information about you on an aggregate level for our own internal statistical, design and operational purposes such as to estimate our audience size; measure traffic patterns; and understand demographic, customer interest, purchasing and other trends among our visitors and customers. We do not share aggregate data. If necessary, we will contact customers via e-mail or telephone to obtain additional information to complete an order or to respond to a customer request.
* Third Parties. We use third parties as service providers to process your credit card payment and to ship your order. However, these third parties will not be allowed to reveal your information to any other parties, or to use your information for any purposes other than to complete your order.
* Legal Requirement. We may disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform with the law, respond to claims or comply with legal process served upon us; or (b) protect and defend our rights or property, our site, our employees, guests or the public.
* Administrative Email Communication. You will receive administrative emails that are related to the primary usage of our service. These emails will not contain any promotional non- marketing material. You may not opt-out of administrative emails.
* Cookies. "Cookies" are small text files that are stored on a user's computer after the computer has accessed a particular Web site. A cookie itself is not designed or intended to read any information from a user's computer other than the contents of the cookie; rather, it is an identifier used by the Web site that originally placed it on your hard drive. The actual contents of the cookie information can be retrieved by the same server to identify the computer and subsequently to customize, monitor, or regulate the use of a site based on information stored on the host server.
You may adjust your web browser to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or to disable cookies altogether. The "Help" function on the top menu bar of most browsers contains information regarding these options. If you wish to purchase a product or service directly from our site, your browser must be set to accept cookies. If not, order by phone or fax.
Links to Other Sites
Please be aware that we provide links to third-party Web sites as a service to our guests and that we are not responsible for the content or information collection practices of those sites. The privacy practices of those sites may differ from ours. We encourage you to read the privacy statement of each site you visit after leaving our site.
We use commercially reasonable efforts to store and maintain Personal Information to protect it from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction by any unauthorized party:
* We encrypt order information, including credit card numbers, using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to ensure that our customers' information is safe as it is sent over the Internet to our server.
* User account information can be accessed only with a valid name and password (which is selected during registration), or by authorized personnel within CBR Products or Viable Solutions Inc. You should not disclose your user name or password to any unauthorized third parties. If your password is compromised, you should access your account and change your password immediately.
Resumes you submit via our web site to apply for a job with us will be used for internal evaluation purposes only.
You may verify, change or delete information about your account by accessing the online form at the Your Account page.